It amazes me how there still is love left, even after horrible things have happened. Case in point: Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big.
This is probably the reason why the first Sex and the City movie is my favorite chic flick movie forever because in a way, I can relate. Mr. Big ditches Carrie on their wedding day, but through it all, forgiveness happens, and love, as they say, has become better the second time around.
No matter how hurt Carrie was when Big left her, I believe that she was just waiting for him to woo her back. She was ready to forgive him because she loves him. Stupid, I know, but as one of the lines from the movie says,
" She (Blair Elkin) was a smart girl, until she fell in love.
I guess that line applies to me (or to all of us, probably), too, because as stupid and pathetic as this may sound, I still am hoping and wishing for him to come back.
Or perhaps, it neither is stupid or pathetic because love defies logic?
No comments:
Post a Comment