Pages

20.10.12

Wanted: MacBook Pro!

More like NEEDED, actually. HEAVILY, BADLY, DIRELY NEEDED!!!

I know that you are thinking that I already have a new MacBook Pro. I also know that, in relation to what I think you are thinking, you are asking yourself this: why the hell does he still need a new one?

Well technically, yes, I do have a new (newly-issued, yes, but not entirely new, as in straight-out-of-a-sealed-box kind of brand new, but it still looks fresh!) MacBook Pro. And nominally, it IS mine. Realistically, though, it isn't. I do not own real rights to it in any way. So, if time comes that I resign from my work, they have to wrestle the MacBook Pro away from me I have to return this MacBook Pro to them. *tears*


But, then again: why do I need a new laptop?

For starters, my own MacBook, Widgey, is already 5 years old. While it amazes me that my baby Widgey is still in perfect condition (thank God!), I must admit that it needs to rest. Widgey isn't in limbo yet, but with my requirement right now, I don't think he can keep up with me anymore.

Widgey, to give you a little background, is a 2007 MacBook, a gift from my mom. It is running on a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4GB RAM (it used to run on just 2GB), and 80GB HD. 80GB!!! Can you imagine that?!

It still functions well but given the above-mentioned specifications, again, it won't keep up with the things that I do nowadays.

But what is it that do I do nowadays, anyway? A lot! I surf the web, do graphics (naks!) on Photoshop, store a lot of files (from videos, to pictures), do word processing -- all of which an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 4GB of RAM, and 80GB of HD space might find hard to do.

So, yes. I NEED A NEW MACBOOK PRO!

And this is where I let you in on my little plan for 2013 (Also known as my brainwashing technique to make you believe that I really need a new laptop. The fact that you are reading a blogpost from me about it is a testament to it being super effective).

Next year, I plan to enroll in short courses on Basic Photography, Basic Web Design, and Digital Editing and Imaging at the De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde. As you know now, I am a frustrated graphic artist, and a design-enthusiast. Also, I am fully interested in becoming a full-fledged graphic artist. As such, I think it will be very beneficial for me to invest in things that I know will help develop (or hone?) whatever potential, and whatever skill I have in the field of arts and design.

I need an equipment that will help me with this endeavor, and this is where the need for that MacBook Pro comes in.

I know this might sound like twisted logic (or plain and simple delusion, take your pick), but if I am being honest, I think this is me finally taking that first step towards my own happiness. And nope, this is not the materialistic side of me speaking. PROMISE! As to why that is, I'll probably explain that in a separate blogpost someday. Hopefully, soon.

If you trust me, then I can give you my bank account so you can deposit your donations. Thank you very much in advance. Tee hee.

But seriously, I really need a MacBook Pro. And I am going to move mountains to get myself one (if Santa Claus doesn't beat me to it *puppy dog eyes*) soon!

*fist pumps*

No comments:

Post a Comment